Carbon Dioxide Point Sensor
High-Sensitivity, Fast-Response 5 марта 2015, 17:09
SDL has developed a field-deployable, compact, highly sensitive, and battery-operated CO2 sensor for atmospheric monitoring. It outperforms the current state-of-the-art instrument (Vaisala Field Check Adapter) in both sensitivity (160 ppm vs 0.5 ppm) and measurement response time (20 sec vs 250 msec).
Concept of Operation
Wavelength modulation spectroscopy
– Modulate a 2μm, SLM, VCSEL at 10 kHz for lock-in detection;
– Sample through a Herriott configured multi-pass cell;
– Detect with InGaAs detector;
– Convert signal to ppm vs. time using CO2 calibration curve;
– Transmit data wirelessly from sensor to laptop controller.